Monday, December 24, 2012

Swimming--even on Christmas Break!

I got up to swim this morning.  Practice was at 5:45 am.  Not too early since I am used to getting up for practice at Kearns.  I swam with the Olympus Masters.  They were nice.  There were only about 7 swimmers there. The coach had his beautiful German Shepherd on deck.  He was gorgeous!  And very well behaved.  

The workout went as follows:

Warm-up:
200 free
200 choice

2nd set:
6x100's @ 10 sec. rest (body rotation drills)

Main set:
~40x50's  the interval dropped 1 second per fifty.  I got to the 34th and stayed on the time.  I probably could have done more.  Not too shabby for an old, pregnant lady!

Cool-down:
100 choice

3,000 yds. total


I really enjoyed working out at the Granite High pool.  It is such a classic pool and the locker rooms are big.  Unfortunately the showers were freezing!  But then I conserve water and take a very short shower.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment