Sunday, February 15, 2015

First Run In Years


Today I started my walk/running.  I decided to start very slowly because my left knee usually hurts when I run.  I thought this way I could slowly build up the muscles.  I started with walking and alternated with running.  I went nine rounds for a total of about 25-30 minutes.  I used my iPod to measure; I alternated by songs.  That is probably not the most exacting way, but I liked it better than trying to keep track of minutes and watching my watch.
I ran around the neighborhood and up to Valley Street; then I cam back home through the park.  It was about 2 1/3 miles total.
Afterwards, I stretched for about 5 to 7 minutes.
I am pretty fit when it comes to swimming. So I am trying to work on my cross-training.  That is why I started lifting weights the other day.  Unfortunately, I am incredibly sore. I am pretty awkward when I move around.  It is pretty comical.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment