Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Open Water Pool Practice

Shawn gave us two great workouts in a row (Tuesday and today).  Yesterday was a bit of a sprint workout and today was open water training.  This morning all the lane lines were out and he had made some buoys out of water polo balls.  He gave us some great pointers on how to swim in open water.  Don't be afraid of touching people or being touched.  Only lift your head a little bit to sight your path.  Avoid breathing in a wave.  It was a lot of fun!  Although I didn't really get to measure my yards, I am going to put down 2,000.  It is amazing how much harder it it to swim open water style.  There is a video on the Olympus Aquatics Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/olympusaquatics. And yes, I am the one in the front with the blue cap!

Here is what I remember of yesterday's practice:

Warm Up:
200 Free
200 Choice
100 Kick

6x[50 free; 25 fast]

Main set (twice~the second time we went through in the reverse order.)
100 moderate
25 Fast
75 moderate
50 Fast
50 moderate
75 Fast
25 moderate
100 Fast
@25 sec/25yd base

10x25 a random mix between fast kicking and breath control

200 cool down

2,400 yards

*I think that I remembered the whole workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment