Thursday, January 8, 2015

IM and Breath Control


Tonight was a tough workout for me.  I am still trying to get used to working out after dinner.  I really like swimming in the evenings, but it has been challenging for me to get used to it.  I also have to work on my “winding-down” skills.  I get a burst of energy after exercising.  That energy lasts for a while, so sometime falling asleep is difficult.
I love not having to stress out about getting tons of yards in at each workout.  I have the flexibility to do things like speed work and kick sets (ugh).  I think that I want to incorporate the long workouts like I did in my end of year rush.  I am planning to do them two or three times a month.  They are nice long, easy workouts.  I am surprised how much I enjoyed them.  And it definitely made it easy to plan what to do.
This is what I did tonight:
800 warm up
400 kick with fins (dolphin down/ flutter back)
200 IM Drill
12x50 fast IMO Down/easy Free on the way back @:50
8x150 pull (breathing 3,5,7 by 50) [the last one I did 3,5,7,9,11,13 by 25 and it was HARD] @2:10 or 1:50 I am not sure which it was
600 cool down
3,500 yards total

No comments:

Post a Comment