Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Swimmin' along in the New Year


The last few weeks have been pretty crazy with swimming.  In order to reach my goal, I had to swim every available day for over 5,000 yards.  That was quite difficult.  I mostly did it at night while Matt put the baby to bed.  It usually took about 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes.  The longest swim I did was 6,250 yards.  And it did it pretty much straight through, no real stops. That was exciting for me. 
Most of these workouts were pretty boring.  Things like 4x1500 or 3000. 2000, 1000 or 5000 straight, etc.  Whatever it took to get it done in the limited time that I left myself.  I am so thankful that Matt was there to support me and push me to finish my goal.  I would not have been able to do it without him!
Tonight was the first swim of 2015.  From my experience over the last few weeks trying frantically to achieve my 2014 goal of 130 miles, I found that I really love swimming at Steiner, just not with the Steiner Masters.  It is a great pool with lots of open lanes, most of the time.  Plus, it is only about 10-15 minutes from my house.  That is where I went tonight. 
This was today’s workout:
800 warm up
4x200’s descend
14x100 @1:25 pull
500 cool down
3,500 yards total

No comments:

Post a Comment