Saturday, January 25, 2014

1 and 1/2 Workouts

I was swimming this morning and trying to remember what workout I set up yesterday.  I couldn't remember any of it!  I finally remembered that I focused on Backstroke.  Then I remembered the main set, and the drills I had them do.  But that was all I can remember.  So today, I will post 1 1/2 workouts (1/2 of Friday's & all of today's).  I got pretty chatty this morning, so I didn't swim all of it.  But I did get over my 2,500 yard goal.

Friday's 1/2 Workout:

300 Warm Up

7x50  Drill--hand slap down--2 right 2 left back
          (on the hand slap, make sure to keep your arm in streamline position while you do the recovery, recover your other arm until it points to the ceiling, bring it back to slap the water, finish the stroke normally--it is very important that while your one hand is recovering twice, that you keep the other hand above you.  This will help you get the right timing and reach for your backstroke)

*6x25 descend 1-3 (this is getting ready for the main set, so really sprint the 3rd and 6th ones) @:30

Main Set (do it 3 times):
(on the odd rounds, do the sprints half back/half free--on the even one, it is your choice)
2x25 sprint
50 easy
2x50 sprint
100 easy

*I just remembered this one.  I think I am just missing one set and it might be 75's?)


Saturday's Whole Workout (I was lazy and late-I am sure you can do better than I did)

5x100 (warm up)

8x50 kick @:55 (I used fins and probably could have done them on :50)

 4x150 Build by 50 @2:30 (it was too slow and next time I will do them on 2:10 or 2:!5)

Main Set:
500 Long & Strong (pull)
300 Negative Split (pull)--this one is fast and make sure to make the second half faster than the first!
400 Long & Strong
200 Negative Split--see the 300 for details (I was too busy chatting away to get this one in)

6x75    25 fast kick/50 swim
            50 fast kick/25 swim

Total yards:  3,350 (I only did 2,650)

No comments:

Post a Comment