Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Hard Freestyle Set

I swam this morning.  I have not been as consistent as I planned; however, I hope to do better.  Last week was the only one so far that I didn't make my goal. (Although, I did get the minimum of 3,000 yards--kind of weaksauce).  I just have one more workout this week. 

This workout was one I swam this morning, not one I created.

400 Warm up (I was late, so I did this at the end)

4x50 8 kick drill
4x50 finish drill (only do the last part of your stroke and do half on one side, half on the other)
4x50 one arm (use your core and hips to add force to your finish of your stroke)
4x50 straight arm drill with over-kick (focus on rotating from side to side so your body and arms are in the same plane)

10x____ @ 2:00  Fill in with what you are able to do on the interval--I did 150's, others did 125's and 100's (or even 75's)  I consistently held 1:53 which is about 1:15 per 100 and about 5 seconds slower than my goal pace time.

That is 2,700 yards

The main set was extremely hard and wonderful! 

Just so you know, the Olympus Aquatics Masters are hosting a swim meet on Feb. 1.  Here is a link to it.  I hope to see you there (I will be one of the crazy ones getting up early enough to swim the 1,650).

http://www.olympusaquatics.com/TabGeneric.jsp?_tabid_=86141&team=utoa

No comments:

Post a Comment