Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday Morning

I actually got myself up to swim in the first half of the week!  Unfortunately the coach didn't show up.  So Shawn and I wrote the workout.  He did the first half, and I did the main set.

Warm Up:
100 swim
100 kick
100 drill
100 swim

8x75 @1:20/1:30 free/stroke/free by 25

Main Set 4 or 5 times through:
5x50
round 1 @:55
round 2 @:50
round 3 @:45
round 4 @:40
round 5 @:35

To set your times, think of what you can barely make for your last round (I really only made 2 1/2 of mine), then count back to find your first round time.  The first few rounds should be easy.

Cool Down of your choice (I usually recommend at least 200 yards--the goal here is to make sure you are lowering your heart rate and breathing. Make sure you are not breathing hard by the end)

2,300 yards plus cool down

We are working on setting up the Masters Championship Meet in April.  We will be hosting it at the new Olympus High pool.  Very exciting!

PS  Apparently I will be swimming tomorrow morning too, because I left my wallet there!

No comments:

Post a Comment