Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ground Hog Meet Completed!

We hosted our very first Masters Swim Meet today!  It was a blast and although it went really fast, I had fun and swam pretty well.  We had about 35 swimmers.  We even had a few from out of state.  I made a new friend with a gentleman named Chris with Mountain View Masters in California.  I was super excited to have such a great meet with all the Utah Masters swimmers. 

So, my races didn't go quite as planned.  I thought the 1,650 would be good and the 100 IM and 50 Back would be rough.  It was quite the opposite.  I don't think that I warmed up enough for the mile.  And I haven't swam in a meet for a long while, so I was extra nervous.  My times were all pretty decent though.

Warm up:

~400
5x50 pace

Before the 50 Back
~150

Races:
1,650
100 IM
50 Back
(I also swam the 50 Free in the medley relay)

Next meet will be in April at the new Olympus pool!  I will plan a much better warm up for that one!

Oh, my husband and baby daughter counted for my mile.  I loved it!  It was wonderful having them there to support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment