Thursday, February 27, 2014

Seeds Planted!



I believe that spring has started, these are the first flowers of the year. (Feb. 25, 2014)
I got my first set of seeds started today.  I had planned to do them a few weeks ago, but I made sure to get it done today.  I was hoping to follow the "moon" planting times that I got from the Farmers Almanac (http://www.almanac.com/gardening/planting-dates/UT/Salt%20Lake%20City) but I didn't quite make it. 

I planted about 20 peat pots of seeds.  Here is the list:

celery~2
eggplant~2
green onions~1
cabbage~1
bell peppers~4
jalepenos~3
roma tomatoes~8
beefsteak tomatoes~2

I still want to get some Sweet 100 Tomato and yellow bell pepper seeds.  I have some cherry and pear tomato seeds, but I really like the sweet taste of the Sweet 100's.  This is just the first two groups of seeds.  I have a few more to plant in the coming weeks.

And yes, Momma, I did start some for you too.
Here is a photo of my awesome greenhouse that my husband made me. 

2 comments:

  1. I got you: eggplant, a couple of roma tomatoes, a sweet 100 tomato, jalepenos, and maybe some bell peppers.

    ReplyDelete