Saturday, February 8, 2014

Late-Start Saturday

Yeah!  We started the later Saturday practices today.  I didn't have to get up super early to swim, and it was phenomenal!  Amelia woke me at just before 6 am.  I wanted another 20 minutes or so, but I had no problem staying up after feeding her (she has been have a rough time at nights lately because of her first tooth coming in).  We had a new coach today named Laura.  I swam with her at the U.  I think she gave us a wonderful workout!

Warm Up:
300 swim
200 Kick
100 Drill
(150 Swim--this was extra because everyone else was still warming up)

12x50 IM/Free @:55

Main Set:
500 (50 fast/200 pace)
(I think this is where I did the extra 50 easy)
10x50 @:50 descend 1-5
500 (25 fast/75 pace)

8x75 Kick/Stroke/Free @1:20

5x100 @1:20 Strong (I averaged 1:12)

200 Cool Down

4,200 yards total

One last thing about swimming.  Tom gave me the suggestion of trying to kick bigger (wider) when I want to kick faster/stronger.  I didn't think it would work; however, I felt much faster and stronger.  Now, I didn't watch my time, I just went off the way it felt.  I was surprised how much harder I was kicking.  I know becaues my legs are still tired!  I definitely used my leg muscles better.  Thanks, Tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment