Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday Morning & Revisited Project

I was lucky to get up this morning.  The baby-girl is getting her first tooth and keeps waking up every 3 hours.  Luckily last night it matched my sleep schedule exactly.  Well, almost.  After the 3am feeding, I couldn't fall asleep again until after 4:30am.  I almost got up and kind of wish I had.  But it all worked out to me swimming this morning.

Workout
200 Warm Up Swim/Kick/Drill/Swim by 50

800 Kick w/fins every 3rd 25 fast

6x50 Kick streamline under water down/swim back @1:00 (I actually did the last one on my back!)

6x75 swim focus on kicking (this was a difficult challenge for me, I don't think about my kick very much)
     1: 40%  Increase your kick force each 25
     2: 60%
     3: 80%

6x100 odds easy @ 1:40/evens fast @1:20 (1:06, 1:07, 1:04--these were great times for me! I was aiming for under 1:10 and I blew that goal out of the water!)

 150 Cool Down

2,600 yards total

Project Revisited
 My little girl is not so little any more.  She has outgrown all the cloth diapers that I made for her.  I am trying to figure out what do to.  The Thirsties inserts fit so well.  I might just make a few in size one and then a couple in size two.  I also want to make them single layers.  That way I can add them together if I want to.  I have thought about changing the material that I have been using because the Thirsties are made of fleece and hemp(?) and they absorb so well.  But I have a package of larger cotton diapers that I need to use.  I have been trying to work on this project for weeks.  It has been my excuse to why I have been using so many disposables (that and working).  I don't think it is a very good excuse (neither of them).  I should change that.

I will post photos when I have them done, hopefully this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment