Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Phase 2 begins and a healthy breakfast

Today was a good practice with a new coach.  He has his own triathlon club/business.  So this will be good for me.  He will have some good insights into open water and long distance swimming.  I also start my second stage of my training this week.  That means that I will swim 3 days a week and aim for 10,000 yards per week.  I am not sure if I can make that many yards, but I will try.  I should also start doing yoga to increase my flexibility. 

Warm Up:
300 Free
200 Stroke

8x75 Kick on side/drill (shark fin)/swim @1:20

Main Set (4 times) all on 2:50
200 fast
200 recovery (the first one was a 150)

8x25 sprint @:30 backstroke

150 Cool Down

3,000 yards total


So, I also wanted to give my breakfast routine.  I cannot go without a big breakfast.  I eat the most healthy in the mornings, if only I could stay this healthy throughout the day!

This is how I eat in the mornings:

On the way to swimming:
1 glass of 1% milk with 3-4 tablespoons of Carnation Instant Breakfast

 On the way home from swimming:
a big banana

At home:
delicious oatmeal (here is a link to my recipe:  http://thelewisfamilyrecipeclub.blogspot.com/2014/01/kims-favorite-oatmeal.html )

No comments:

Post a Comment