Monday, February 10, 2014

Finally a Monday workout!

I have been having such a hard time getting up on Mondays for practice.  But I had to today because Matt was supposed to go out of town (he has a bad cold so he is not going).  Today my friend coaches and she happily watched Amelia while I swam.  It was a bit distracting for me.  It you know me well, you will know that I am a worrier.  But she did great and loved hanging out at the pool with Jamie!  I was surprised she didn't go back to sleep,but she did on the ride home.  Here is today's workout:

8x50 stroke drill/free by 25 (I did all breast)

4x125 pull @ 2:00 last 25 back

8x100 focus on kick @1:45
   1-40%
   2-60%
   3-80%
   10 sec. break
   4-100%

2x300 :30 rest
  [100 free, 100 IM, 100 fast free]

400 cool down

(Of course the 400 was supposed to be warm up, but I got in late)  I am up to about 5.5% of my goal for number of miles to swim in 2014.  I am participating in the USMS Go the Distance event.  I got to set my own goal of 425 miles.  I am way behind pace~and the program tells me every time I enter a workout.  But I am not worried.  With my Bear Lake swim training schedule, I will be increasing my yardage soon enough!

On that note, I am excited to say that registration for the Bear Lake Monster Swim opens on March 1st.  I cannot wait to sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment