Monday, October 20, 2014

I didn't swim last week. Of course I have plenty of excuses. Monday I held a backstroke clinic at Olympus.  I was too lazy on Wednesday to get up for practice, then I realized that I should have because the pool had different hours due to UEA.   So no swimming last week for me.

I did a few walks this week though.  And Matt and I biked Amelia up to the park one day after work this week.  That was fun.  Yesterday Amelia and I went for a walk up through the school, over the field (major thorn warning!), and then to the upper park.  It was a lot of fun.  I was surprised to see so many families there since it was Sunday.  I would like to do that every week.  We were there during the 3 o'clock hour.  Maybe we can find some new friends.

So here is this morning's workout:

Warm Up:
300 Swim
200 Kick (I did 50 kick/50 breast)
100 Pull (I just swam)

4x100 @2:00  kick down/swim back

Main Set:
4x200 descend @3:00
4x100 pace :15 rest (I held 1:20's)
4x50 fast @1:00 (I held ~:36)
4x100 pace :20 rest (I held 1:18's +/- :02)
4x200 negative split @3:00 (I did the last one cool down)

3,600 yards total

I was going to try for 4,000 but we ran out of time.  I also pulled something in my back.  I am pretty sore on my left shoulder blade.  It helped when I was breathing every 4th stroke to the left.  I think I am pressing down in a funky way with the left arm when I breath to the right.  I thought about it during the cool down and it really helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment