Wednesday, October 29, 2014

No Coach

I am not sure why there wasn't a coach this morning, but one of the other swimmers wrote the workout.  I had already done my own warm up and we added the 100's pull because we had more time.  I am feeling so great that I got up.  I have gotten really good nights sleep recently.  That is right multiple nights sleep.  I think last night was the third one!  I am so lucky.

Here is what I did today:

Warm Up:
400 Swim
400 50 kick/50 breast (last 100 was all kick for me)
100 pull

Main Set:  All IM
100
200
400
200
100
100

6x100 @1:30 pull, descend 1-3

Cool Down:
400 Swim

3,100 yards total

I have been using the FLOG program on USMS to track my yardage.  I set a goal for 425 miles to swim in 2014.  I am no where near making it.  So I revised my goal to 130 miles.  I think that is more realistic.  I am still behind the pace, but I am starting to catch up.  I am also tracking it in Excel.  I am not sure if I will be getting a USMS membership next year, so I want to be able to track my progress on my own.  I just realized that I can probably create a graph to go with it!  That would a nice visual.  Anyway, I have just under 91 miles completed.  I should be at about 107.  So I am not too far off.  Especially if I can get in 3 workouts a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment