Tuesday, June 3, 2014

8 Weeks left! (a post I forgot to publish last week)

So there are only about 8 weeks left until the Bear Lake swim.  That means I need to step up and get my swim on!  I have not really been swimming much in the last 6-8 weeks.  Plus, I have been having some back problems.  Hopefully that will be resolved when we get our bed back and stop sleeping on an air mattress.  If I buckle down, and swim regularly, I think I can still be ready for the race day.  I really want to get at least two open water practice swims in.  One that is about 45 to an hours long and the other somewhere between 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  Amelia has been sleeping through the night for over a week now!  That means I need to step up and wake up to swim.  I started today.

Here is the workout from Shawn:

Warm Up:
100 Free
100 Reverse IM
100 Stroke
100 Kick

10x
     50 Free @ :50
     25 Stroke @ :30

8x100 odds IM @ 2:00; evens free @1:45

8x25 Kick various styles and intensities

300 Cool Down

2,500 yards total

No comments:

Post a Comment