Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What! Two days in a row!

This is the second day this week that I have actually gotten myself out of bed and into the pool.  We did another long distance workout, but not like yesterdays.  Admittedly, I could really use these fitness building, endurance workouts like Laura gave yesterday.  But I love breath control sets, and we did one today.


Here is Shawn's workout:


400 Warm Up


6x [25 no free @:30 then 50 free @:50]


Main Set:
100 Stroke
50 Kick
200 Free
50 Kick
300 Pull
50 Kick
200 Free
50 Kick
100 Stroke
Go through it straight through, take rest when/if you need it.


14x25 breath control @:30
6 breaths down to 0 breaths then repeat


200 Cool Down


2,400 yards total


Shawn also took a poll of people who might be interested in some organized open water swims.  That would be awesome!  I am pretty nervous about swimming in a lake rather than a pool.  The last time we (Mandi, Karen, and I) tried to go out something came up and we couldn't go.  We are planning to go this Saturday, probably to Black Ridge in Herriman.  Let's hope this really happens.  Also, Shawn offered to lend me his kayak for the Bear Lake swim (and before to practice).  So a big thanks to him for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment